Domestic Assault Attorney in Georgetown, TX
If you’ve been arrested for domestic violence or assault, you need an
expert attorney by your side. The family law attorneys at Hines, Ranc & Holub have
decades of combined experience helping people in Georgetown, TX (and throughout
the state) with domestic assault/violence cases.
Why Choose Hines, Ranc & Holub?
Our attorneys are board certified in criminal defense, a designation that
recognizes special competency in defending criminal cases. We handle criminal
defense exclusively—a specialized area of law in which state and
federal laws change frequently. We’re always up to date on the law,
enabling us to employ the very latest defense strategies in order to achieve
the best outcomes for our clients.
Consequences of Criminal Charge for Domestic Assault/Violence
Even minor cases that do not involve a documented injury can be serious
in a court of law. This is why you need a skilled, proactive defense lawyer
to help you avoid the worst consequences of a domestic assault or violence
charge. These consequences can include (but aren’t limited to):
- Jail time (up to 1 year)
- Misdemeanor charges
- Fines (up to $4,000)
- Criminal record, which can seriously impact future employment opportunities
- Mandatory counseling/anger management classes
- Loss of child custody or visitation rights
- Loss of your right to own a firearm
- Revocation of or inability to apply for professional licenses
- Strained or destroyed family relationships
Our legal team will help develop the appropriate criminal defense based
on the specific circumstances of your case.
A Closer Look at Domestic Assault and Violence
Some people immediately think of physical violence when they hear the word
assault. In fact, assault is the
threat of bodily harm, along with an apparent ability to cause harm that leads
the other person to believe they are in imminent danger. Physical violence
does not always necessarily accompany an assault.
Domestic assault/battery is not limited to situations that occur between
married couples. It may involve:
- Assault/violence between spouses, unmarried parents, domestic partners,
or cohabitating couples
- Child abuse, cruelty, or child endangerment
- Elder abuse
- Restraining order violations
We recommend that you do the following if you are facing criminal charges:
- Take pictures of all evidence related to the incident, as well as physical injuries.
- Keep copies of medical records for care related to the incident.
Contact our law firm
before making statements to the police.
- Do everything possible to remain level-headed, and do not leave the immediate area.
It’s critical that you comply with all conditions stipulated in a
protective order if one has been issued against you. Failure to do so
could lead to problems down the line. Call our expert defense lawyers
near Georgetown, TX for help and guidance.
Note that district attorneys and judges tend to look favorably on those
who are committed to improving their relationships and their conflict-resolution
skills. Demonstrating willingness toward positive change can only help
your case—we’ll work closely with you and guide you every
step of the way.
Contact our free consultation lawyers near Georgetown, TX today for help
with your case. Our initial consultation has no charge, and there is no obligation required.
Seeking the help of a professional family law attorney is essential for
any criminal defense. Call us today at 512-472-6565.